There’s no point in arguing why you should have a gun at home while more than 3 million houses are being robbed every year in the USA alone. But what if the safety gear turns into a matter of safety itself? Well, a life-saving gun can become pretty life-threatening if fallen into the wrong hands. Kids and burglars are prime concerns when it comes to misusing guns.
Unless you are keeping your guns in the best closet gun safe you can find, it’s going to backfire, pun intended. So today, we will be looking at some of the most useful gun safe closets that you can have in your home to safeguard the safety gears!
Table of Content:
Haven’t got all day to read everything we write? Here’s a list of topics we have discussed. Navigate easily to your desired topic by clicking on the title.
- 10 Best Closet Gun Safe Reviews in 2022
- 1. V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe
- 2. Moutec Large Rifle Safe
- 3. Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe
- 4. Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe
- 5. Viking Security Safe VS-20BLX Mini Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe
- 6. AmazonBasics Steel Security Safe Lock Box
- 7. HomCom 56″ Electronic Weapon Security Safe
- 8. Quicktec Rifle Safe Gun Safe
- 9. Bonnlo Electronic Gun Safe
- 10. Stack-On GCB-18C Security Cabinet
- What to Consider Before Buying A Closet Gun Safe?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Short on time? Here is a quick comparison chart of all the gun safes we’ve selected as the budget beasts. It’ll help you with a quick decision if you’re not interested in the detailed reviews in the next section::
Best Closet Gun Safe
|V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe||53 x 18 x 5.75 inches||60 Pounds||Off White||Metallic-Fiber|
|Moutec Large Rifle Safe||57 x 14 x 13.8 inches||67.1 pounds||Black||Alloy Steel, Metal|
|Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe||52.17 x 9.84 x 8.66 inches||62 Pounds||Multicolor||Aluminum|
|Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe||14 x 11 x 11 inches||17 pounds||Black||Alloy Steel|
|Viking Security Safe VS-20BLX Mini Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe||7.87 x 12.2 x 7.87 inches||18 Pounds||Black, Army Black and Textrure||Steel|
|AmazonBasics Steel Security Safe Lock Box||14.6 x 14.6 x 8.9 inches||25.96 Pounds||Black||Metal|
|HomCom 56″ Electronic Weapon Security Safe||59.84 x 16.14 x 15.35 inches||99 Pounds||Black||Cold rolled steel|
|Quicktec Rifle Safe Gun Safe||62 x 17 x 16 inches||88.2 Pounds||Black||Alloy Steel|
|Bonnlo Electronic Gun Safe||50.1″(H) x 9.8″(L) x 8.6”(W)||85.98 lbs / 39 kg||Black||Alloy Steel|
|Stack-On GCB-18C Security Cabinet||18 x 21 x 55 inches||75 Pounds||Black||Steel|
10 Best Closet Gun Safe Reviews in 2022
We spent a lot of time digging deep to hunt down the top 10 best closet gun safe available. After a lot of time, we managed to sort the following list out. Read till the end to check all these 10 safes out!
1. V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe
We start it off with the V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe. Proudly made in the US, the safe comes as a wall cabinet, as well. It’s going to get a lot easier for you to store your arms in this cabinet-style closet.
Equipped with the genuine KABA Simplex lock, there’s no possible way you can break the lock with force. Approved by the California Department of Justice, you can easily rely on this vault for safety.
It comes with a three-point locking system. This makes sure that the guns inside don’t get into the wrong hands in any way. It ensures maximum safety.
V-Line Closet Features:
- In-wall gun safe can be placed against the wall and used as a cabinet.
- The material is finished with a durable powder coat and gives it a rugged look and a sleek finish
- It can be used to store up to 4 long guns and handguns.
- It has a 3-point rod-locking system for added security. It’s pretty hard to breach the lock.
- Uses a Simplex mechanical genuine push-button lock for easy access to the guns inside.
From the V Line closet vault review, it’s clear that this cabinet cum gun safe closet is well-designed to fit a number of guns.
2. Moutec Large Rifle Safe
On number two, we have the Moutec large biometric rifle safe with us. The safe is quite large and deep compared to the most common ones out there. And it has got a separate lockbox inside, as well.
Apart from that, it comes with a reliable lock mechanism. It safeguards your guns inside with an electronic locking system. Using an electronic keyboard, you can create your own password to keep your valuables safe.
The safe comes with 3 pre-punched mounting holes in the back and a couple of holes beneath it. This setup makes it easy for you to set it up against a wall or floor quite easily!
Moutec Large Rifle Features:
- Large and deep safe can accommodate 5 to 6 rifles and shotguns inside.
- Comes with a separate lockbox on top. It can be locked separately, as well.
- It features a reliable electronic password locking system.
- There are 3 punch holes on its back and 2 blow the safe to quick installation on walls and floors
- Comes with all necessary accessories for the safe to be installed
As you have seen in our Moutec large electronic rifle safe review, it is equipped with modern technology, so that you can rely on the general safety this closet safe provides.
3. Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe
Access the next-level safety with the Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe. Simply scan your finger to set the password and scan it every time you need to open the vault. It works in a blink of your eyes. It takes 2.5 seconds only to open it up. Plus, when you are opening the door, it hardly makes a noise, so that you can discreetly take your guns out in case of emergency.
Overall, the vault is built from 100% steel walls. The wall comes with durable tamper-resistant edges inside. Another set of 3 bolts makes it a perfect safe to bar any unwanted access to your arms.
Barska Quick Features:
- It comes with a modern-tech biometric safety lock that takes only 2.5 seconds to open
- Safety is approved by the Department of Justice, so it’s completely safe for use.
- Noiseless ‘opening and closing’ option for discrete access to guns in emergency cases.
- Built with cent percent of steel walls and has tamper-resistant inner edges.
- Comes with pre-drilled holes and concrete mounting hardware for instant installation
If you’ve carefully gone through the Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe review, you can’t help but notice the ultra-modern fingerprint safety.
4. Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe
If you have a number of handguns, here’s the perfect storage for you. Meet the Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe to keep at best 5 of your handguns completely guarded. It comes with a spring-loaded drop-down door. So it gets easy to open it. You can activate the optional silent option to get discrete access to the guns, as well.
On top of that, it houses a solid steel door that. It comes with anti-pry tabs for better security. Not to forget the high strength locking latch for optimum safety.
Stealth Handgun Features:
- Optimally designed for handguns. It can hold up to 5 handguns inside
- It comes with an optional silent mode that can be activated for a discrete access
- The door comes with an anti-pry tab and is made from solid, durable steel.
- Red interior light for complete illumination when you open the door
- It has 4 push buttons and 6 digit electronic codes for additional safety
As per the stealth handgun hanger safe review, we have gone through, it’s an ideal device for storing handguns.
5. Viking Security Safe VS-20BLX Mini Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe
Another short safe for your handguns should be the Viking Security vs-50blx home safe. Although it is a mini-safe, it doesn’t come with any less safety.
Secured by a 5000-DPI optical sensor, the device is designed to be biometric fingerprint safe. Plus, the motorized 20mm deadbolt locking mechanism makes it even stronger. Not to forget the 2-pry resistant insertion slots; this one is here to provide top-level security.
You can turn the sound ‘on and off’ for a warning beep if you don’t want the intruders to hear you get your arms out.
Viking Security Safe Features:
- Highly secured 8″ x 12″ x 8″ biometric safe opens only with the fingerprint scan of the user
- Works with a 500-DPI optical sensor for accurate fingerprint scanning that ensures proper safety
- Can store memory of 32 fingerprints along with one single PIN code
- Designed as Pry-resistant, the device comes with a solid steel construction
- LED light set inside the device for interior lighting
If you’re looking for a small closet gun safe, then this one is your perfect bet. Equipped with modern safety techniques, it’s an ideal choice for today’s time.
6. AmazonBasics Steel Security Safe Lock Box
AmazonBasics have successfully stepped foot in the safety business for quite a long time now. If you consider the 1 Cubic-feet safe they came up with, you will be surprised by the quality. It packs enough of it!
This 10-CFT safe is constructed from solid steel to safeguard it from any unwanted blow. Plus, the safe’s inner floor is carpeted so that nothing you put inside is subject to scratch and damage.
The device has 2 live door bolts and pry-resistant concealed hinges. These securities make it even safer in addition to the steel construction. It’s not at all easy to break in.
AmazonBasics Steel Features:
- Large one Cubic Feet area inside the lockbox for keeping a good number of handguns and bullets
- Made from solid steel for long-term durability
- It has 2 live door bolts that are there to protect the door from any accidental or intentional bang. Plus, the pry-resistant hinge also plays a part here.
- Interior shelves can be taken out and removed from the safe for separate use.
- Comes with four bolts for it to be easily mounted on the wall and floor.
If you are looking for a small gun safe for closet, AmazonBasics 1 Cubic Feet one may work out as one of the best you can find.
7. HomCom 56″ Electronic Weapon Security Safe
With a 56-inch height, the HomCom security safe stands out from the crowd in style. It is made from heavy-duty construction. That’s why this one is definitely a prime choice for many.
It comes with a digital locking system with 3 to 8 personal PIN codes. If you forget the code, don’t worry. You can always use the back-up keys.
You can comfortably hang this against the wall with pre-drilled mounting holes. And you can stock 5 rifles at a time. Enough storage for most of us!
HomCom 56″ Electronic Features:
- Made from heavy-duty rolled steel provides top-class security to the safe.
- Measured as 56-inch in height, it is ideal for rifles that come with a wider width
- It has a removable soft pad at the bottom for the guns to be in safe hands.
- Pre-punched holes work pretty well for the device to be attached to the wall
- Can be locked with 3-8 personal PIN code; this too comes with 2 back-up manual keys
The 56-inch height and 2-inch thick door make this an ideal choice for those of you who are fascinated with long rifles
8. Quicktec Rifle Safe Gun Safe
Another advanced biometric safe gun vault on our list. The Quicktec is pretty famous for its ultra-modern safety. Plus, it comes with an impressive 57-inch height.
The modern 500-DPI sensor can read up to 125 fingerprints. It only takes 2 seconds to recognize and lets you open the door. This is pretty quicker than most safes!
Equipped with 5 one-inch solid steel bolts, the device provides maximum security to the guns you put inside. It is pretty hard to break in. So, you’re safe from burglars.
Quicktec Rifle Safe Features:
- Made from solid steel for optimum durability. The entire body is made from all-steel material
- Biometric recording and 2 PIN code entry comprise a highly secured vault
- Fast fingerprint scanner can recognize fingerprints in 2 seconds.
- Corrosion-resistant, black rocky finish for smoothness of the entire safe body
- Come with pre-punched mounting holes for easy installation on floors and walls
It’s an ideal choice for those of you who have long rifles and are in need of optimum digital security.
9. Bonnlo Electronic Gun Safe
Equipped with heavy-duty steel, the Bonnlo electronic gun safe is a pretty secured gun safe. Especially if you’re looking for a good amount of storage. Keep up to 5 rifles inside, along with 3-4 handguns, as well.
It comes as readily assembled so that you don’t need to work anything out. Simply set the batteries inside the device to start using the safe. You’re done in minutes!
You can either use the digital or manual keypad to use the safe. In case of emergency, there’s always a back-up key to save the day. No worries with safety!
Bonnlo Electronic Features:
- Constructed from heavy-duty steel, the vault is pretty robust and strong
- Huge storage for 5 rifles at a time. It comes with a separate storage box for handguns, as well
- The lock pad comes readily equipped. Simply use a battery to start the device on the go
- Comes with the both digital and manual keypad to secure the lock
- Memory system of the digital lock doesn’t need to reset every time the battery is taken out.
Overall, this is a good choice if you’re looking for a budget-version safe with a lot of storage, you can definitely try this one out.
10. Stack-On GCB-18C Security Cabinet
Our last pick is not quite a truly versatile one. It not only opens up to store guns, but you can also keep ammo and other valuable stuff in it. As it comes with ample storage inside, it always has room for additional accessories.
Its 3-point locking system ensures proper safety for the inmates. It doesn’t let any unprecedented access inside. So never worry about break ins.
It comes as foam padded inside. This safeguards the guns from suffering from scratches. You can find the paddings on shelves and partitions, as well.
Stack-On GCB Features:
- The convertible inner storage can hold up to 18 guns at a time. It can store other items, as well.
- It comes with a 3-point locking system for proper security and safety.
- The shelf inside can be easily removed and adjusted for your own comfort and convenience.
- Foam padded bottom, partition, and shelves provide optimum safety from scratch
- It comes with necessary mounting hardware
For those of you who want versatility and ample space, this one is a perfect choice for you.
What to Consider Before Buying A Closet Gun Safe?
So before you move on and get a gun-safe closet for your arms, here’s a list of facts you can’t afford to forget.
The thicker the steel construction, the better the safety. Ideally, steel thickness around 1.5-inch to 2-inch sounds to be a perfect measurement for a gun safe. Try to get a safe with such thickness to avail maximum safety.
Without any padding on the base, at least, the guns will be subject to scratches. It’s quite normal that the arms will be dragged from the safe by touching the metal surroundings. A simple foam padding may reduce the chance of the friction that causes scratch.
It’s always better to go for a multiple locking system. Availing both the digital and manual lock increases the security of the device in multiple folds. If it includes biometric safety, it’s simply the icing on the cake.
In case of an emergency, you may need to take out your gun quite silently. Intruders need not know that you’re getting your arms. So make sure the safe door can be opened without making any sound.
Apart from all this, it’s best that the safe has an alarm system. If there is an attempt to open it without proper code and lock, the device will sound an alarm to notify the owner. It’s a good way to safeguard the valuables in a different manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are gun safes bad for guns?
What do you think, are guns safe bad for guns? Generally speaking, gun safes are not harmful to guns. But if the safe you are using doesn’t have a safety pad around or at least at the base, it’s an issue. The guns can get scratched from the friction against the metal body of the safe.
Where to Put a Gun Safe in Your House?
As a gun-safe protects the gun you need instantly in case of danger, it’s always better to keep it beside your bed. In case of any breakout at night, you can instantly take the gun out of the closet and tackle the situation.
How to Build Your Own Gun Safe?
It’s equally tiring and exciting to build your own gun-safe. But you need to have the basic knowledge and technical know-how of building steel safe and closet. You can always try building one from wood, but that won’t be of much use when it comes to safeguarding the valuables. If you can associate with a steel craftsman, you can easily build one pretty satisfactorily.
As it’s a matter of life and death, you can no way compromise with getting the best closet gun safe for safeguarding your firearms. If you’re not quite sure how to locate the most useful safe out there, you can always check the buying guide we have set up here.
On the other hand, if you’re not into going in theory right now, you may simply pick the V-Line Closet Vault II Gun Safe. It’s durable, safe, and comes with an unbeatable locking system to keep your guns in safe hands!